7U Steel CV Bus Case
Our 208hp 7U Steel CV Bus Case ships ready to use. Just add modules, patch cables and inspiration. The powder coated steel construction is 2 lbs. lighter than our wood Shared System case without compromising mechanical durability. The sleek matte black finish was selected to match our line of Black & Gold modules, and it looks great with just about any module installed. This finish will show the story of your modular synth's travels over the years.
The CV Bus was originally designed for Alessandro Cortini's personal Make Noise system. It provides visual indication of level, rate and polarity for up to 4 control signals that will be shared throughout a patch. These 4 control signals are color coded and distributed across the center of the system allowing for quick, clean and intuitive patching. The distribution method is unlike the typical multiple since the control signals will appear beneath their possible destinations allowing for the use of shorter patch cables. The color coding and visual indication makes navigating complex patches easier and more intuitive. Typically, the CV Bus would be used to share the most important control signals in a patch such as your Master Clock.
The CV Bus also has the tools needed for integrating the Make Noise system with the outside world. A 1/4" Mono input with plenty of gain allows for bringing external signals into the system. The optimal 10Vpp signal level is visually indicated. A high quality Stereo Line Driver converts powerful modular synthesizer signal levels to the commonly used Line Level. There is mini-jack inputs for Left and Right, a single Master Volume control, and a TRS Stereo 1/4" output jack. This output is capable of driving long cable out to a PA System or a set of Headphones. It has AC coupling and a built-in limiting circuit (with visual indication) that prevents damage to ears and PA system when the patching gets experimental.
Total HP: 208 @ 3U, 104 @ 1U
22.25" x 14" x 7.25" w/ lid
Max Module Depth: 2.5"
Weight: 12.75 lbs. (w/ powered bus board, CV Bus installed)
Power: 1.5 amps @ 12Vdc, 1A @ -12Vdc, 1A @ +5Vdc, 18 connectors
Includes: CV Bus, Powerd Bus Board, 80 Sliding M2.5 nuts w/ Black screws, AC Adapter
Release Date: Jan. 2018
Where to buy
- Two 104 hp 3U rows for Eurorack modules, One 104hp 1U row fitted w/ CV Bus
- Black powder coated steel w/ embossed logo on lid
- Sealed to keep dust out during travel or storage
- Lid offers space to close w/ your system patched
- Recessed side mounted on/off switch and power inlet for safe travel
- Solid carrying handle and rubber feet so the case travels w/ ease
- Meets carry-on luggage size requirements for most airlines
- Proven power solution continuously satisfying the euro market for 5 yrs. and counting
- 5V power rail included
- Select bus and Eurorack bus compatible
- Universal AC power adapter works world wide (Need IEC Cable for non-US outlets)
- Blued Steel Stand sold separately