Office MATHS aka Office/HR Coordinator
Make Noise is a crew of artists and musicians creating synthesizers to explore, experiment, and discover the unfound sounds.
MATHS is a critical module, multi-functional, supportive, and absolutely necessary to the modular system. Office MATHS will be responsible for a range of activities that keeps things working for our whole crew, everything from processing payroll and paying bills to filing reports and maintaining files. We are a small company, and we need someone with tenacity and flexibility as the role will morph and change right alongside of us. You’ll have a shared office, but this position will require you to be moving about our historic building in West Asheville. Gotta love people and paperwork!
Note: Strict Covid Protocols will need to be adhered to including mandatory mask wearing. Everyone on our team has received at least one vaccine so far.
Apply with a cover letter that tells us who you are and what you care about, and your resume, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary depends on experience.
- Benefits include 100% paid for medical and dental insurance premiums, 401K and comprehensive retirement plan, vacation days, sick time, holiday pay, discounts on instruments, coverage for musician’s ear molds, and non-profit donation matching.
- This position is FT Salary Exempt M-F 9:30-6pm, and might require limited occasional evenings and weekends.
- Reports to CEO.
- Manage staff work hours, PTO, sick time, and holiday pay
- Purchase supplies
- Co-manage facilities
- Pay bills
- Make remote bank deposits
- Write and distribute memos
- Collect and manage w-9s/1099s
- Organize birthday and work anniversary celebrations
- Organize annual bday song competition
- Coordinate trainings for whole crew on a wide range of topics like racial equity, working through conflict, sexual harassment, consent, & inclusive language
- Identify professional development based on ind. positions and skills
- Update job descriptions per position annually
- Develop further structure for review process
- Update staff files as needed, and with each review
- Work with crew to develop methods for feedback and continual reviews
- Recruit new staff, alongside of leadership, with focus on equity and inclusion
- Manage company LinkedIn page, coordinating posts with media team
- Coordinate health insurance renewals and pop plan
- Maintain employee handbook
- Keep files/info for applicants
- Keep new hire paperwork organized.
- Keep files for NDAs
- Orientation and paperwork with new staff
- Assist with supporting community partners like Girls Rock Asheville, Willie Mae Future Sounds, Our VOICE, and many other nonprofits addressing oppression, equity, inclusion, and music education.
knowledge, skills, experience
- Knowledgable about DEI. Cares about working with us to make our company and industry more inclusive.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently through email, on the phone, and in person
- Deep love for music and sound, especially electronic music
- Working with others brings you immense joy. You really want to support others and contribute to a positive work experience
- At least 1-3 years of FT experience in admin, hr, or office management
- Preferred familiarity with Quickbooks Enterprise for Manufacturing & GSuite. Can train.
- Flexible. Creative Problem Solver. Positive. Tenacious. Organized. Joyful.